Gluten Free Apple Spice Snickerdoodles are the equivalent of apple pie meets snickerdoodle. This soft chewy gluten free cookie is the perfect fall treat.
Be sure to scroll down to get more information about the “Free From” Bloggers Cookie Exchange…8 more awesome cookie recipes for you!
Gluten Free Apple Spice Snickerdoodles
If apple pie and snickerdoodles got together and made a baby, it would taste like this cookie. We have been eating them all weekend (say goodbye to my wanna be diet) and they are so delicious.
I took my Gluten Free Peppermint Snickerdoodle recipe and made a few changes to get these cookies. They are a bit cakier than I’m used to my snickerdoodles being, but they are so good, I can guarantee you won’t mind.
These babies are dip in your coffee good.
Tips and Tricks for Apple Spice Snickerdoodles
What makes these gluten free apple spice snickerdoodles extra special is Apple Cider. If you live up north you may even have some cool apple orchard that makes it fresh.
I bought a bottle at Target (and will be having more recipes coming up with how to use the rest of the bottle, so don’t worry, I got you covered. You aren’t going to buy a bottle and then have no idea what to do with the rest).
The apple cider has to be boiled down to as syrupy like consistency. It takes about 15 minutes for 1 cup to go down to 2 Tablespoons. It is added to the mixture before the flour, but do let it cool a bit. You don’t want it to scramble your eggs.
To bring in even more apple flavor, I chopped up dried apples and folded them in. I used green, you can use red, whatever you like is fine.
I do prefer using the dried apples to the freeze dried. They crumble more and seem to blend in better, but the freeze dried taste good as well. I tried both.
These gluten free apple spice snickerdoodles are delicious and easy to make.
The Gluten Free Flour
One last note- I used GF Jules Gluten Free Flour blend for these. It has xanthum gum added to it. Different gluten free flours may cause the cookie texture to change slightly. If you try these with a different blend, I’d love to know how they turn out.
Blogger Cookie Exchange
I’m so excited that not only am I bringing you this Gluten Free Fall Cookie recipe, a bunch of my blogger “Free From” friends have gluten free fall cookies for you as well.
- Jenna with the Urben Life : Vegan Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookies (Vegan, Dairy-Free, Egg-Free)
- Celeste with There is Life After Wheat: Copycat Swig Sugar Cookies (Gluten Free, Soy Free, Nut Free)
- Kortney with Allergy Girl Eats: Chocolate Chip Chickpea Cookies (Top 8 free, Gluten Free)
- Jenn with Veggie Inspired: Soft Baked Vegan Pumpkin Cookies with Maple Frosting (Dairy free, Egg Free, Nut Free, Soy Free, Vegan, Gluten Free)
- Brianna with Flippin Delicious: Gluten free Snickerdoodles (Top 8 free, Gluten Free)
- Sarah with The Fit Cookie: Gluten free SunButter Cookies (Gluten free, dairy free, soy free)
- Chelsey with Chelsey Amer Nutrition: Allergy-friendly Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies (Top 8 Free, GF, Vegan)
- Erica with Celiac and the Beast: Vanilla Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookie (Gluten Free and Dairy Free)
- Nicole with Allergilicious: Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars (Vegan and Gluten Free)
- Kristin with The Prioritized Group: Pumpkin Spice Crinkle Cookie (Top 8 Free, Gluten Free)
Cookie Swap Giveaway on Instagram
To join in on the fun:
- September 16th, we’re kicking off your Monday Morning with a cookie baking frenzy. Bake any of the delicious cookie recipes from the Blog Hop Cookie Swap.
- Post a photo of your cookies and tag #fallcookiexchange and @fallcookieexchange. (Make sure you’re following both accounts and each of the bloggers listed on it too!) You will have until Friday, September 19th at midnight CST to post your masterpieces.
What you could win:
- Once the swap ends, we’ll draw one lucky participant to win a $350 Kitchen Aid Mixer.
So much fun going on this fall! Enjoy these gluten free apple spice snickerdoodles and when you make them, be sure to take a picture and let me know how much you loved them!
If your looking to create the perfect fall vibe- try this 10 Minute Pumpkin Spiced Latte from the Heartbeet Kitchen, it will go great with some cookies!
Gluten Free Apple Spice Snickerdoodles
- 1/2 cup butter or dairy free butter like Earth Balance buttery bars
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar light or dark
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup apple cider reduced to 2 Tablespoons.
- 1 3/4 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour I have used GFJules and Orly London Blend- both contain Xanthan gum
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp gluten free baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Apple Spice Mix
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp Apple Spice Mix
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apples
- Preheat oven to 375
- Boil Apple Cider for about 15 minutes or until reduced to about 2 Tablespoons. Let cool slightly.
- Cream together butter, shortening, sugar, vanilla, and eggs until light and fluffy.
- Stir in reduced Apple Cider.
- Add gluten free flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- Beat until combined.
- Fold in crushed dried apples.
- Roll into one inch balls.
- Combine 1/4 cup sugar with 1 Tablespoon apple spice.
- Roll balls in the sugar mixture.
- Bake at 375 for 10-11minutes.