No birthday is complete without cake and this Gluten Free Birthday Ice Cream Cake is the epitome of birthday awesomeness. Layers of chocolate and vanilla ice cream, birthday cake cookie crumbles and lots of sprinkles.
This post is sponsored by Goodie Girl Cookies. All opinions are my own, we eat them and love them!
Gluten Free Birthday Ice Cream Cake
We are huge ice cream cake fans in this house. If there is a birthday, there is an ice cream cake. One of my most popular recipes is this Carvel Ice Cream Cake Copycat (Gluten free of course!) Once diagnosed with Celiac Disease it was one of the things I missed the most. Luckily, they aren’t hard to make, just a little bit of time and patience!
Birthday Cake Cookies
What makes this gluten free ice cream cake extra special is that we move away from the traditional chocolate cookie crumbles, the cookie layer of this cake is Goodie Girl Gluten Free Birthday Cake Cookies. These creme filled cookies have all your fave birthday cake flavors, complete with sprinkles on the inside.
Unlike traditional cakes, there is no fudge layer over the cookies. The creme in the cookies helps to hold the crumbles together and make the perfect layer.
Easy, but not Quick
This gluten free ice cream cake, may look difficult, but it’s not. It’s just a little time consuming. Each layer needs time to freeze, so plan to start making it at minimum the day before you need it. There are a few tips to making it come out perfect.
Birthday Ice Cream Cake Recipe Notes
- Whip your ice cream in a stand mixer (if you have one). The ice cream needs to be smooth to spread easily, but you don’t want a part to be liquid and the rest to be solid. Beating it will turn it to soft serve consistency.
- Let the first layer set for at least an hour before adding the cookie layer and second ice cream layer.
- Add some sprinkles to the vanilla layer, it makes it look like a party!
- Ice with whipped cream and refreeze before adding decorations.
If you love ice cream cake, this is the gluten free ice cream cake you have been missing. This gluten free birthday ice cream cake is to die for. If you prefer a chocolate crunch layer, be sure to check out my original version with Goodie Girl’s Double Chocolate Chip Cookies HERE.
Gluten Free Birthday Ice Cream Cake
- 2 half gallons ice cream I used chocolate and vanilla
- 1 box Goodie Girl Birthday Cake cookies
- 1/2 cup gluten free sprinkles
- 3-4 cups whipped cream
- Icing and other decorations as desired
- Place parchment paper on the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan.
- Gently beat softened chocolate ice cream until easily spreadable.
- Spread onto bottom of pan.
- Freeze for at least one hour.
- Grind cookies in food processor.
- Layer in springform pan over first ice cream layer.
- Beat vanilla ice cream until spreadable.
- Stir in 1/4 cup gluten free sprinkles.
- Spread vanilla gently over cookie layer.
- Freeze at least overnight.
- Carefully remove from pan and frost with whipped cream.
- Keep frozen until ready to serve.
Gluten-Free Vegan Cinnamon Roll Ice Cream CakeNovember 21, 2021 at 1:26 pm
[…] for more delicious frozen desserts? This Gluten Free Birthday Ice Cream Cake is equally […]
Paleo Single Layer Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Frosting (Dairy-free, GF) | Perchance to CookJuly 26, 2019 at 12:42 pm
[…] If you are looking for an amazing Gluten-free Birthday Ice-cream Cake recipe. Check this one out from my friend at Eat at Our Table. […]
Gluten Free Birthday Ice Cream Cake - Goodie Girl CookiesGoodie Girl CookiesJune 11, 2019 at 2:46 am
[…] Eat At Our Table MAY 23, 2019 By AMANDA […]
Carol HellerMay 28, 2019 at 10:06 pm
When you say, “whipped cream” do you mean Whipping cream that we whip or do you mean a “Cool Whip” type of topping?
AmandaMay 28, 2019 at 10:25 pm
Hi! I’ve used both. I prefer cool whip because it’s easy and it freezes well. You can make whipped cream and use it. If you want it not to melt you have to make a stabilized version using gelatin and it’s a bit complicated.