Gluten Free Blueberry Banana Bread from The Gluten Free Quick Breads Cookbook is so good and so easy. With a hint of cinnamon, this one is sure to become a family favorite!
This post contains affiliate links. Affiliate links help support Eat at Our Table, so thank you so much for using them!
I love cookbooks. Especially ones that have beautiful pictures. There is just something about big, beautiful pictures that make it fun to actually hold a cookbook in your hands and flip through the pages.
Every time a blogger friend comes out with a new cookbook, I can’t wait to get it in the mail, and this one is no different. You are going to want to get a hold of Sharon Lachendro’s The Gluten Free Quick Breads Cookbook.
It’s beautiful and has so many great recipes. She is an amazing baker and photographer. Every recipe in the book is a winner and she was nice enough to let me share one with you!
This gluten free blueberry banana bread is to die for! Her addition of cinnamon is the perfect complement. Enjoy this recipe and be sure to grab a copy of The Gluten Free Quickbreads Cookbook!
Gluten Free Blueberry Banana Bread
- 2 cups (260 g) Sharon’s Gluten-Free Flour Blend
- ¾ tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- ½ cup (97 g) granulated sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon, optional
- 1 cup (155 g) fresh blueberries
- 1 cup (230 g) mashed banana (about 2 medium)
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup (112 g) light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) unsweetened coconut milk, room temperature
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) avocado oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C) and coat a 9 x 5–inch (23 x 13–cm) loaf pan with homemade pan release (page 180) or spray it with nonstick spray, then line it with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the gluten-free flour blend, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, salt, granulated sugar and cinnamon (if using). Gently stir in the fresh blueberries, then set the mixture aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mashed banana, eggs, brown sugar, coconut milk, oil and vanilla extract. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and gently stir until they’re combined.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a tester inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool the loaf in the pan for 20 minutes, then cool it completely on a wire rack.
Storage Note: Store the bread wrapped tightly in plastic wrap at room temperature for up to 3 days. To freeze it, tightly wrap the whole loaf, sliced or unsliced, in plastic wrap and place it in a freezer-safe bag. Freeze for up to 3 months.