Gluten free chocolate chip cookie layer bars are a delicious bite. Chocolate chip cookie layered with creamy fudge, it’s a quick and easy gluten free cookie bar you will make again and again.
This post is sponsored by Three Bakers. All opinions are my own.
Gluten Free Cookie Bars
I love a good cookie bar. For a long time I didn’t have a regular oven, so making trays of cookies was a daunting task. It was so much easier to make cookie bars.
These cookie bars have a fudge center that is to die for. You can serve them slightly warm and it stays gooey or you can let them cool completely.
Three Baker’s Snackers
Three Baker’s makes amazing snack crackers. They come in cheese, chocolate chip, chocolate and honey graham. You could actually use any of the cookie flavors in this recipe. My daughter loved these chocolate chip cookie layer bars, but she also likes the snackers in her lunch or after school as a treat.
If you can’t find them locally, all four flavors are available on the Three Baker’s Website.
Easy as a Cookie Bar
Usually, I have a lot of notes on how to make the recipe, but these are really so easy to make.
The cookie bar is made in the food processor, my 5 year old was able to help with it, just dump the ingredients and pulse until the dough is formed.
The fudge center is made on the stove. You can do it directly in a pot (and I did once), but it’s really easy to burn, so I prefer using a double boiler method.
The center only uses half a can of sweetened condensed milk. You can double the center, but I found the ratio of cookie to fudge to be a little much. Just save the rest of the condensed milk for coffee, another recipe, or I have also seen it in a squeeze bottle, which is great for when you don’t need a whole can!
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Layer Bars
- Food Processor
- 2 Bags Three Bakers Chocolate Chip Snackers
- ½ cup gluten free flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 6 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 6 ounces of chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Additional chocolate chips for topping
- Grind chocolate chip snackers in a food processor to fine crumbs
- Add gluten free flour and brown sugar. Pulse to combine.
- Add melted butter, vanilla, and eggs. Pulse until dough forms.
- Divide dough in half.
- Press half into 8 x 8 pan.
- Heat chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, butter, and salt over a double boiler, stirring constantly, until well combined.
- Pour over dough in pan.
- Crumble remaining dough over chocolate layer.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake at 325 for 25 minutes.
- Let cool completely before cutting. If needed sooner, it can be cooled in the refrigerator.