Gluten Free Chocolate Mousse with a Mint Chocolate Crunch (and let’s not forget the whipped cream) is the perfect dessert for a holiday party and it can easily be made ahead, ready for when you need it!
This post is sponsored by Goodie Girl Cookies. All opinions are my own, including that these cookies are soooo good!
Gluten Free Chocolate Mousse Heaven
They say a way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, and this chocolate mousse will definitely work. My husband loves it, my dad who doesn’t really like desserts will lick the bowl. It’s just so good.
Now I’m taking it up a notch with a holiday spin. Gluten Free Mint Cookies, fresh whipped cream, and a sprinkle of crushed candy canes. This is the kind of dessert you hide in the bathroom to eat so you don’t have to share with your kids.
Or, you could just double the batch and have plenty for everyone!
Bring on the Mint Cookies
I discovered Goodie Girl Cookies not long after going gluten free and they are seriously so good. They make all of the flavors of cookies you miss, in gluten free form. Plus, they taste so good no one can even tell they are gluten free.
The mint cookies are always a favorite (by the way…you can buy them at Starbucks, Walmart, Amazon and directly from their website!).
For the holidays, they also come in these fun winter themed boxes!
Make Ahead Heaven
One of my favorite things about this gluten free chocolate mousse is that you can play with it a little bit. It’s a basic chocolate mousse recipe- egg yolks (buy pasteurized eggs if you are worried about raw eggs), chocolate (of course), heavy cream, sugar and vanilla.
However, what we love to include, that really takes it over the top, is a little bit of alcohol…I’m a sucker for a spiked dessert. Kahlua is our fave, but feel free to mix it up and try a little bit of Peppermint Schnapps or whatever your favorite holiday liquor might be.
A few little tips…
- Use a hand mixer and two bowls…It’s so much easier than trying to switch things out with a stand mixer.
- If you choose to use liquor, do not add it directly to the chocolate, you have to add it to the eggs. If you add it to the chocolate, it will seize and it is a disaster. (Do not ask me how I know this.)
- Work fast when mixing the chocolate and the eggs. You don’t want them to scramble, I use the whisking attachment on my hand mixer to help combine them quickly.
- If you end up with little bits of hardened chocolate, it’s not a big deal. It’s still delicious.
- Feel free to double the recipe. I made 4 small servings (it’s rich so small servings are perfect, but go ahead and double it if you are expecting more guests or want to have leftovers!
This is seriously the one dessert my husband asks me to make over and over again. It’s already on the menu for Christmas Day! I’m also considering making it into a pie form (kinda like this Gluten Free No Bake Peppermint Pie, but chocolate), I think that would be amazing. Be sure you’re following me on Instagram in case that happens!
Grab some Goodie Girl Mint Cookies and chocolate and get started on these desserts!
Happy Gluten Free Eating!
Gluten Free Chocolate Mousse with Minty Chocolate Crunch