Easy, no bake gluten free grasshopper cookie bars are an addictive treat. Gluten Free mint cookie crust topped with a thick cream cheese mint frosting and a drizzle of chocolate, they are impossible to say no to!
This post is sponsored by Goodie Girl Cookies. All opinions are my own.
Gluten Free Grasshopper Cookie Bars
If you love mint, then these
These babies are ready in about 20 minutes and then just need a bit of time to cool. My daughter went crazy for the frosting, I had to hide the bars because she kept trying to lick it off all of them!
Gluten Free Mint Cookies
Goodie Girls Mint Cookies make an amazing crust. Honestly, all their cookies make a great pie crusts (I used them for this Mint Pie here and as a crumble for these apple pie jars here) I love the extra kick of mint that these cookies bring to the No Bake Gluten Free Grasshopper Cookie Bars, but Goodie Girls Coco Slims would also be great in this recipe. If you haven’t ever tried Goodie Girl cookies you are missing out on some of the best
These gluten free grasshopper cookie bars are a snap to make, but of course I have a few tips to make them a bit easier.
Creme de Menthe
Creme de Menthe can be purchased at just about any liquor store, but if you prefer, you can make your own using this recipe or you can also sub in mint extract, a bit of milk and some food coloring to get that green color.
Cream Cheese Frosting
This cream cheese frosting is thick, and you want it that way so that it will slice easily. I used my hand mixer, but if you have a stand mixer, it will be easier. If it doesn’t appear to be thick enough, you can always add in a bit more powdered sugar.
These cookies are great for St. Patrick’s Day and with their green color, perfect for any spring dessert!
Gluten Free No Bake Grasshopper Bars
- 2 Boxes Gluten Free Mint Cookies I used Goodie Girl
- 6 ounce softened cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Creme de Menthe or 2 teaspoons mint extract, 3 Tablespoons milk and green food coloring
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips melted
- Pulse cookies in food processor until ground.
- Press into 9 x 9 pan.
- Beat together cream cheese and butter.
- Beat in powdered sugar.
- Beat in creme de menthe (or mint extract, milk, and food coloring).
- Spread frosting over cookie crust.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Refrigerate at least one hour before cutting.