Grass Roots Farmers’ Coop brings grass fed, pasture raised, and forested meat, poultry & pork straight from small, rural farmers to your door.
Review box and giveaway was provided by Grass Roots Farmers’ Coop. I was not monetarily compensated. All opinions are my own.
Grass Roots Farmers’ Cooperative
Another subscription service? Yes! I love getting mail and I love meat so when I was asked to check out Grass Roots Farmers’ Cooperative meat subscription box, I was stoked. Plus, I get to giveaway a $100.00 gift certificate to a reader and you can use the coupon code GFMIAMI for $50.00 off a box! How great is that?
The first thing that stood out to me was their business model.
Fun fact – I actually have a master’s degree in International and Intercultural Education. Part of this degree was studying about sustainability and how this affects the community. We read fun books like The Ecology of Commerce. I miss those days, nowadays I mostly read Dr. Seuss!
I digress – the business model for Grass Roots is amazing. It is a farmer-owned sustainable livestock cooperative. Try saying that 3 times fast. Basically, this means that the farmers who are part of this earn a living wage, while still being able to provide 100% pasture raised beef, poultry, and pork.
Grass Roots Farmers’ Cooperative Review
So what did I think of my Grass Roots Farmers’ Cooperative experience? Overall I loved it.
- Blockchain Tracking– Basically you can scan your package and track the entire journey of your meat.
- Easy ordering – the Grass Roots site is really easy to use.
- You get to choose your meat – it’s completely customizable. They also tell you how much each pound costs. I love this because I was able to pick exactly what my family wanted and meal plan around it.
- Affordable The mix of beef, poultry, and pork I ordered averaged out to about 8.00 a pound. You can easily choose less expensive cuts to keep in your budget. I ordered a couple of steaks, pork chops, a whole chicken, bacon, chicken wings, and chorizo.
- Easily comparable to grocery store prices for grass-fed meat. Several items were actually cheaper than their conventional counterparts.
- Completely recyclable and biodegradable packaging.
- Easy to cancel anytime.
- Auto Shipment- this is not necessarily a con, but you do have to remember to go in and change your order if you need to or pause your account if you are going out of town.
- Expense- while the prices are comparable for the quality of meat you are receiving, it may not be for everyone.
Right now you can receive 50.00 off a 100.00 order from Grass Roots Farmers’ Cooperative by using the code GFMiami. That’s half off a box of quality meat which is an amazing offer. It gives you a chance to try it out and decide if it’s for you before you make a long-term commitment. If it isn’t you can easily cancel.
Below is the giveaway for a $100.00 gift certificate from Grass Roots Farmer’s Cooperative that will go to one lucky read to create their own box! Good luck!