This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #getgrillingamerica #CollectiveBias
Crave-worthy, easy, grilled gluten free ribs with the perfect sweet and spicy dry rub are a must have at any BBQ.
Break out the Grill
All of you up north, who have been dealing with cold weather and snow, I feel for you. Here in South Florida, it’s been beautiful. I am so lucky that we can grill all year long. For the rest of the United States, spring is finally here, and that means it is going to start warming up. Warmer weather means it’s time to break out that grill!
This past week we pulled out my dad’s charcoal grill and grilled up some amazing Smithfield Extra Tender Back Ribs. They were the best ribs I ever had. My entire family just raved over them. Best part? Ridiculously easy to make.
I started off with a trip to Walmart to pick the Smithfield Extra Tender Back Ribs. They are super easy to find. All of the Smithfield Fresh Pork was together, so I just picked out the slabs I wanted, and I was ready to go.
Smithfield Extra Tender Back Ribs have no added hormones or steroids, so I feel excellent about serving them to my family. They are hand-trimmed, which I love. I can’t stand when ribs have massive amounts of fat or are cut unevenly. Smithfield Fresh Pork is so tender and juicy, plus they are naturally gluten free.
Easy Grilled Gluten Free Ribs
I am so excited about how easy these Smithfield Extra Tender Back Ribs are to grill. I will admit, I was a bit intimidated at the idea of grilling ribs, but the Smithfield Extra Tender Back Ribs are so tender and juicy, you just can’t mess them up.
Here are the basics, plus a few pro tips!
1) Start with a homemade sweet and spicy dry rub. Clean your ribs (be sure to remove the membrane from the back! Use a paper towel to help grab it and pull it off!). Massage the rub all over the ribs. Wrap them tightly in heavy duty foil and put in the fridge for at least an hour or up 8.
2) Grill on a charcoal grill! My family only used charcoal and we love the flavor! Use a charcoal chimney to help get them going. Kingsford Charcoal lights up beautifully.
3) Cook over indirect heat for about an hour and 15 minutes, rotating the ribs every 15 minutes. Remove from the foil and place directly over the coals to get that nice grilled finish. Cook for another 20-30 minutes, turning every 10 minutes. If you like to add BBQ sauce, now is the time. We did one rack with just the dry rub and added some of my tangy homemade BBQ sauce to the other.
Best Ribs Ever
My dad told me that when they do rib competitions the sure sign of the perfect ribs is when you bite into them a bite mark is left. These ribs are perfect. Smithfield Fresh Pork is now my secret weapon. I will never again buy any other ribs. They sliced up beautifully; the ribs were so tender, the knife just glided through them.
My daughter couldn’t wait to get her hands on the gluten free ribs. She quickly pronounced them “nummy” and ate two whole ribs by herself. She even gobbled up the leftovers the next day.
Serve these sweet and spicy gluten free ribs up with some fresh corn, potato salad, and homemade bbq sauce for dipping, and you are sure to be the most popular person in your family. The sweet and spicy rub makes the perfect crust, and personally, I like mine with a bit of tangy homemade BBQ sauce. It’s super easy to make, and I’m sure you already have all the ingredients on hand.
It’s time to break out the grill, go to Walmart, and get yourself some Smithfield Extra Tender Back Ribs. Grilled gluten free ribs just don’t get any easier!
All Summer long Smithfield Fresh Pork is offering an opportunity to win a 5,000 dollar cash prize and tons of other prizes when you visit their Get Grilling America site. You can also find more expert tips on ribs and great recipes (like the one below!) on the Smithfield Fresh Pork rib page!
If you only grill one thing this summer, make sure it’s Smithfield Extra Tender Back Ribs with my sweet and spicy rub. You won’t regret it! Add some tangy homemade BBQ sauce for dipping, and you will be in rib heaven!
What are your favorite gluten free foods to put on the grill?
Easy Grilled Gluten Free Ribs with a Sweet and Spicy Dry Rub
- 1 rack Smithfield Extra Tender Back Ribs membrane removed
- 5 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Chipotle Powder
- 2 teaspoons Salt
Tangy BBQ Sauce
- 2/3 cup Ketchup
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup Apple Cider
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Chipotle Powder
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- Clean ribs.
- Mix together all rub ingredients.
- Rub ribs generously.
- Wrap in heavy duty foil and refrigerate for at least an hour or up to 8 hours.
- Make BBQ sauce by combining all sauce ingredients in a small sauce pan. Bring to simmer and simmer for 15 minutes. Turn off heat and set aside.
- Grill on a charcoal grill, over indirect heat, for 1 hour and 15 minutes, turning and rotating packet every 15 minutes.
- Open packet and check temperature. It should be around 150, if not seal and cook another 15 minutes.
- Remove ribs from packet and place directly over coals for another 20-30 minutes, turning every 10 minutes.
- If desired, brush with tangy BBQ sauce at this time.
- Remove from grill, allow to rest before slicing.
- Serve with extra sauce for dipping.