Easy gluten free carrot cake is moist and chocked full of carrots. The perfect amount of sweetness, combined with a cream cheese frosting to make the perfect bite!
This post is part of a collaboration with Ryze Gluten Free Flour. All opinions are my own.
Gluten Free Carrot Cake
I love carrot cake! It’s one of my favorite cakes because it is sweet, without being overly sweet. Plus, it has carrots, so that means it can pass as healthy right?
I kid, but honestly, with a cup and half of shredded carrots, that has to count for something!
This carrot cake has the perfect amount of moisture and is just the right density. Plus, a tangy cream cheese frosting, it doesn’t get much better than that.
Gluten Free Flour
Thanks to Ryze gluten free flour, this perfect gluten free carrot cake has only rice flour. No other starches or flours are used and no nuts! The flour lends to the perfect density.
Ryze Yellow Bag flour is perfectly formulated to make amazing cakes. You can purchase it on Amazon and have shipped to you in just two days! It’s perfect for this gluten free carrot cake, plus they have tons of great recipes on their site!
Easy to Make
This carrot cake is so easy to make. It doesn’t require any special tools, not even a hand mixer! All the ingredients are straightforward and you probably have them on hand.
Oh, by the way, another bonus- the cake is dairy free! The icing isn’t, because I used cream cheese, but you could use dairy-free cream cheese or eat it without the icing and it would still be fantastic.
- You do not need a mixer for this. A whisk is perfect for mixing together the wet ingredients. A spoon or rubber spatula will work well for folding in the dry ingredients.
- Keep all ingredients room temperature. Coconut oil solidifies when it is mixed with cold items. It will still bake up well but will be harder to mix.
- Feel free to leave the cake in the pan, rather than cutting and stacking. It will taste delicious either way!
This gluten free carrot cake is the best. It does great in the fridge for a few days as well. My non gluten free friends have been loving snacking on this carrot cake this week.
You are going to absolutely love it! Tell me- what is your favorite kind of cake?
Happy Gluten Free Eating!
Easy Gluten Free Carrot Cake (Dairy Free Option!)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten free vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9 x 9 square pan.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and stir.
- Combine wet ingredients in a bowl and whisk together well.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir gently.
- Fold in carrots.
- Spread into 9 x 9 pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean in the middle.
- Let cool for 5 minutes in pan before turning out onto wire cooling rack.
- Cool completely before icing
- Beat together softened cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until well combined
- Cut cooled 9 x 9 cake in half.
- Spread half of frosting over first half.
- Stack second on top.
- Cover with remaining frosting.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.