This post is part of a collaboration between My Gluten Free Miami and David’s Unforgettables. All opinions are my own.
One Pan Love
I can’t be the only one who heads to Pinterest, looks up a recipe and then realizes that I just don’t want to do that many dishes. Dishes ar not my favorite thing. I wish all meals could require just one pan. Even better if they use my trusty cast iron skillet- really, what can’t this pan do?
The number one reason I shy away from one pan oven meals is that I’m always worried that things just won’t cook at the same rate. Maybe the chicken will be raw or the potatoes will be over done. I gotta tell you – this potato, carrot, chicken combo is perfect. Plus I threw in a bonus head of garlic that can be used to spread on some gluten free bread later. Dinner doesn’t get much better than this one pan honey mustard chicken. Plus it’s naturally gluten and dairy free!
What’s the biggest secret to my success with this dish? David’s Unforgettables Honey Mustard Dressing. It’s a balsamic base and tastes so amazing. Vegan, Kosher, Certified Non-GMO and Certified Gluten Free, plus it’s made in a solar powered facility. It checks all the boxes.
There are 8 different flavors David’s Unforgettables of sauces- they are great for BBQ, Salad’s, Marinades, Dips. You just can’t go wrong. They are one of California’s best kept secrets (plus a few areas of Oregon, Washington, and Montana!). The good news is they are expanding soon AND you can order them online. Be sure to follow David’s Unforgettable on Facebook and Instagram to stay up to date on where they will be available next!
One Pan Honey Mustard Chicken
This dish is really easy to make (that is the point of one pan meals!), but a few tips are always helpful.
- Salt and Pepper that chicken! It’s really hard to add salt after the meal is done.
- Cast Iron is king. A cast iron pan is really going to allow you to get a nice sear on the chicken and it can go straight into the oven. Just don’t forget that the whole pan is hot and use an oven mitt to get it out!
- Use a little bit thicker baby carrot
- Don’t forget the bulb of garlic! While you can make the dish without it, it is so good smeared on some gluten free bread or even mashed up into the chicken.
- I love rosemary, so I add it in when I add the potatoes and carrots.
This is one dish that you will go back to again and again. The ease of it and heartiness of it, make it a dish that you will keep on your regular dinner rotation.
Plus, it’s beautiful. It is the perfect dinner to serve your in-laws when you want to impress them! You just can’t go wrong with the flavors in this one pan honey mustard chicken. Looking for a low carb side to go along with it? Try this Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Mash from Evolving Table!
Tell me….what is your favorite way to eat chicken?
Honey Mustard Chicken
- 4 Chicken Thighs with bone and skin
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- garlic powder
- 1 1/2 pounds red potatoes 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 Tablespoon chopped rosemary
- 1 cup gluten free Honey Mustard Dressing I used David's Unforgettables
- 1 bulb garlic top cut off to expose cloves
- Heat olive oil in cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Heavily sprinkle chicken thighs with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Sear skin side down for about 4 minutes.
- Flip and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Add potatoes, carrots and rosemary to pan.
- Drizzle honey mustard dressing over the chicken, potatoes and carrots.
- Toss to combine.
- Place garlic with the open bulbs down in the center of the pan.
- Place pan in 425 degree oven and cook for 30-35 minutes or until chicken and potatoes are done.
- Serve with sauce from pan.
- Spread roasted garlic over gluten free bread.