BBQ Pulled Pork is one of my favorite meals, it’s tangy with just a hint of sweet and makes the perfect sandwich, but it doesn’t end there- tacos, cheese fries, the sky’s the limit!
This post is a follow up of a previous post about David’s Unforgettables Balsamic BBQ Sauce. I was not compensated for this and all opinions are my own.
BBQ Pulled Pork
A few weeks ago, I brought you Pulled Pork Tacos with a Hawaiian Coleslaw, if you missed it go back HERE and take a look. It was delicious. The great thing about making pulled pork though is that it can be used for so many things. Most simply of course, just on a sandwich.
We love pulled pork around here. It’s an inexpensive way to make a delicious dinner and mix up our weekly menu.
Eating a big helping of this BBQ pulled pork on a gluten free bun is a little taste of heaven.
Davids’ Balsamic BBQ Sauces
For this recipe, I used David’s Balsamic BBQ Sauces. You can use your favorite, but if you are able to try David’s I would recommend it! You can use their store locator to find out if they are available near you and they can be bought online.
I’ve made this with both the spicy and the regular and they are equally delicious. If you are making this with a different BBQ Sauce (and you can), just be sure you like the sauce. If you don’t like the sauce than you won’t like the final pulled pork.
One Last Thing
I had to share with you one last way I love using BBQ Pulled Pork- Cheese Fries. It’s one of my weakness. Cheesy goodness with pulled pork dipped in ranch sauce. So good.
This BBQ pulled pork recipe is a favorite. I’m sure you will love it. Don’t forget to check out the BBQ Pulled Pork Tacos with the Hawaiian BBQ Sauces.
Happy Gluten Free Eating!
Gluten Free BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- 4-5 pound pork shoulder skin removed and trimmed
- Gluten Free Buns
- 6 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Chipotle Powder
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 4-5 cups shredded pork
- 1 bottle BBQ Sauce I use David's Unforgettables
- 1/2 cup water
- Combine all ingredients for pork rub.
- Rub all over pork.
- Place pork in the fridge overnight or for at least two hours.
- BBQ Pork
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Place pork in 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Pour in 1 cup of water.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Place in oven for 2 hours.
- Check pork. It should be easy to pull apart with a fork. If it is not, place back in oven and continue baking, checking every 30 minutes. Depending on the size of your pork shoulder, it can take up to 4 and 1/2 hours to cook. If you are checking temperature, you are looking for 185-195.
- Remove pork from oven and let cool until it is able to be touched.
- Shred pork with fingers or forks, removing any large pieces of fat and any bones. You should have about 4-5 cups of shredded pork.
- Place in stock pot on stove.
- Cover with BBQ sauce.
- Add 1/2 cup water to BBQ sauce bottle, shake it up and add to the pot. Stir pork and sauce together.
- Heat over medium low for 1/2 an hour. Stirring frequently.
- Make coleslaw by mixing together all ingredients.
- Remove pork from stove.