Easy fried garlic and almond green beans that are packed with flavor. The perfect simple side dish for any meal.
This post may contain affiliate links. Affiliate links support Eat at Our Table at no cost to you. Thanks for using them!
You’re probably wondering why there is a turkey in the background and it’s June. There is a very simple explanation- we celebrate Thanksgiving in June.
Not really, I actually took these photos back in November with every good intention to share the recipe, but I never got around to it. Somewhere between my toddler and having a new baby life happened, but green beans are in season so I thought it was the perfect time to post my go-to recipe for green beans.
Fried Garlic Heaven
I lied, it’s not my recipe, it’s actually the way my sister in law makes them. They are the best ever, it’s all about the fried garlic and toasted almonds. I honestly make these just to eat the fried garlic. The green beans are just an excuse
Fried Garlic and Almond Green Beans
Super simple. I don’t have a lot of notes for this recipe. There really are only 3 main ingredients, but I don’t want to leave you without a little bit of direction, so here you go.
- I cheat, I like to buy the already trimmed and washed green beans. You can use frozen, but fresh work best for this. I like to use the kind you can cook in the bag in the microwave, but you can also easily blanch them yourself. (Never blanched a green bean? Here is how!)
- Don’t slice your garlic to thin, you don’t want it to burn.
- All three ingredients can be made separately and tossed together at the last minute!
That’s it! A super simple recipe- fried garlic and almond green beans. Perfect Thanksgiving side dish (check out my How to Throw a Stress Free Thanksgiving post here!), but also the perfect summer side dish! Grill up some ribs (like these!) add some coleslaw and with this fried garlic and almond green beans you have the perfect meal! Another great side dish is this Instant Pot Broccoli from Food Doodles.
These are also perfect for a weeknight meal. Try serving them with these Instant Pot Turkey Meatballs from Tess the Domestic Diva!
If you are looking for more ways to enjoy green beans, try these Roasted Green Beans with Potatoes from Cooktoria or if you are more of a traditional green bean casserole fan, this Gluten Free Green Bean Casserole from Tessa the Domestic Diva is perfect for Thanksgiving! If your not a green bean fan, try this Simple Sautéed Asparagus Recipe from Evolving Table.
Happy Gluten Free Eating!
Fried Garlic and Almond Green Beans
- 3 cups green beans trimmed and blanched
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Using a large pan with high sides, toast almonds over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until they start to brown.
- Remove almonds from pan.
- Add 2 Tablespoons olive oil to pan.
- Add sliced garlic and fry for 2-3 minutes or until garlic starts to brown. Remove garlic.
- Add cooked green beans to pan and toss with oil, allowing to heat up for about 3 minutes.
- Turn off heat.
- Add fried garlic and toasted almonds. Toss together.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm.
Eat at Our Table - Easy Gluten Free Brined Turkey RecipeNovember 14, 2019 at 12:50 pm
[…] course, if it’s Thanksgiving you don’t want to forget the gluten free sides, like these green beans with garlic and almonds or these easy to make gluten free stuffing cups. For a different spin on potatoes, try these Twice […]
Air Fryer Green Beans - Quick and DeliciousJuly 10, 2019 at 7:42 pm
[…] Looking for vegan air fryer recipes? We have some of those too! You can even check out our YouTube channel for some air fryer videos. Love green beans but do not have an air fryer yet? You can make these Fried Garlic and Almond Green Beans. […]