Quinoa and Black Bean Tacos are a perfect addition to your taco night!
This recipe is part of The Easy Gluten Free Cookbook, by Lindsay Garza and is used with permission.
Quinoa and Black Bean Tacos
I love tacos, any kind. There are already 2 or 3 taco recipes on this blog, but this is the first that doesn’t contain any meat, and honestly doesn’t even need it!
The fluffy quinoa, black beans and avocado provide all the flavor you need. I did add a sprinkling of queso fresco because, well, I love cheese!
These tacos took less than 1/2 and hour to throw together. The longest part was just waiting on the quinoa to cook. I love using quinoa because it is naturally gluten free and full of protein. You can get it at just about any grocery store now, but I actually get mine from Peru. My mother in law brings me back a few bags every time she goes!
The Easy Gluten Free Cookbook
Recently a fellow blogger came out with a new cookbook, and I have got to say it is one of my favorite gluten free cookbooks on the market. Full of enticing pictures and easy, naturally gluten free recipes that anyone would love. There are recipes for everyone, many with 5 ingredients or less. After flipping through the cookbook I realized that I could make a lot of recipes with items that I had on hand already!
She also lays out the gluten free diet and how to follow it with a clarity I don’t often see. Everything from pantry essentials, to do’s and don’t’s is included.
The book is broken down into categories, so you can easily find what you are looking for. Each recipe also lists if it is dairy free or vegetarian as well. If you are looking for the perfect book for someone who is newly gluten free or just a book to find easy and nutritious gluten free dinners, this one is for you!
It can currently be pre ordered on Amazon and comes out on August 29!
Easy Dinner Meals
My family loved these tacos. I actually made them for my grandparents as well. They were perfect for a large crowd and super budget friendly!
I love these tacos because they are so versatile. The basic ingredients are quinoa, black beans, and avocados, but you can easily add some diced chicken, cheese or a bit of sour cream to them. Whatever you have on hand.
Go ahead and give these Quinoa and Black Bean tacos a whirl and then check out Lindsay’s new book- The Easy Gluten Free Cookbook! I think you will be glad you did!
Quinoa and Black Bean Tacos + The Easy Gluten Free Cookbook Review
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 to 8 small corn tortillas warmed
- 1 small avocado halved, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- In a medium pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for about 4 minutes, or until the onions turn translucent.
- Add the water, quinoa, cumin, and red pepper flakes.
- Bring the water to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the quinoa is fully cooked and fluffy.
- Stir in the black beans, lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Spoon the quinoa mixture into the warm corn tortillas, top with the avocado slices, and serve.