Peppermint Pie- Gluten Free No Bake Pie with a Mint Slim Crust!
This post is written as through a partnership with Goodie Girl Cookies. All opinions are my own.
Tastes of the Season
Every year that we put up a Christmas Tree I also buy a package of candy canes. I love the mint flavor, but I also feel like it’s not a Christmas Tree unless it has candy canes on it!
Of course, I always end up with tons of candy canes and am always looking for yummy treats to make with them!
When I received the mint slims from Goodie Girl Cookies I was so excited. They taste better than the Girl Scout Thin Mint version, gluten free or not, everyone who tries them immediately falls in love. Be sure to hide them if you don’t want them to all disappear in a day!
The crunchy, chocolatey mint cookie gave me the perfect idea for how to use up all my candy canes!
No Bake Peppermint Pie
This pie is so simple to make. I am a big fan of no bake desserts. Anything that is simple and can be made ahead is my kind of recipe. This pie combines the crunchy cookie crust with a creamy, minty center, topped with whipped cream and crushed candy canes. All of these layers make for one delicious bite!
Usually, I give you a bunch of tips on how to best make the recipe, but this one is super easy!
The only advice I have is to make sure your cream cheese is really soft, and add the peppermint oil slowly. Different oils have different strengths, you don’t want to overpower it!
If you prefer a pie with a traditional crust, be sure to check out Fearless Dining’s Simple Gluten Free Pie Crust.
Limited Edition Mint Slims Giveaway!
Goodie Girl Cookies has offered to give one lucky reader 2 boxes of their special Holiday Edition Mint Slims! That’s one box to eat and one box to make a Peppermint Pie with!
These cookie boxes also make fun hostess gifts, or you could leave one out for Santa (you know he want’s to take a box with him!).
If you can’t wait to find out if you’ve won you can purchase Goodie Girl Cookies at Publix or a bunch of other stores, just check out the store locator or buy them online!
Gluten Free Mint Slims Peppermint Pie
- 1 Package Goodie Girl Mint Slim Cookies
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1 package softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint oil or extract
- 1 container of whipped topping
- Crushed candy canes
- Pulse Goodie Girl Mint Slim Cookies in food processor until fine crumbs.
- Add 2 Tablespoons melted butter and pulse to combine.
- Press into pie pan.
- Beat softened cream cheese, powdered sugar and peppermint oil together.
- Fold in one cup of whipped topping.
- Spread cream cheese mixture carefully into prepared crust.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Top with remaining whipped topping and crushed candy canes.