Gluten free spinach dip puff pastry tarts make the perfect appetizer and they’re perfectly addictive! Creamy spinach dip baked in gluten free pastry dough!
Sponsored by Schar. All opinions are my own.
Easy Gluten Free Appetizers
I’m forever getting asked for my fave gluten free appetizers. I don’t know about you, but I’m an appetizer kinda gal. Especially those containing cheese- Mozzarella sticks anyone?
These gluten free spinach puff pastry tarts take a to die for spinach dip and bake it in individual gluten free puff pastry shells. To. Die. For.
Seriously, these little bites are so addictive and so easy to make thanks to Schar’s Gluten Free Puff Pastry Dough.
Gluten Free Puff Pastry
I’ve never tried to make puff pastry from scratch and honestly I probably never will because Schar makes one that is amazing (in my defense I don’t know anyone who makes puff pastry from scratch). I’m lucky enough to have it at the grocery store next to my house. If you can’t find it, be sure to request it!
These Gluten Free Spinach Dip Puff Pastry Tarts are super easy. Be sure to thaw out the puff pastry dough completely or it will be a little brittle. I prefer to thaw it in the
Gluten Free Spinach Dip
The great thing about the spinach dip in these tarts is that you can serve it in the tarts (highly recommend!), but you can also serve it on
Do you have a favorite appetizer? A favorite Schar product? Let me know in the comments!
Gluten Free Spinach Dip Puff Pastry Tarts
- 1 package Schar Gluten Free Puff Pastry Dough or gluten free crackers for serving
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 10 ounce package frozen spinach
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 cup parmesan plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 beaten egg for brushing on puff pastry
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Defrost puff pastry dough and cut each sheet into 12 squares.
- Spray mini muffin tin with oil.
- Press puff pastry dough squares into each mini muffin tin.
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add garlic.
- Sautee one minute.
- Add spinach, nutmeg and pepper.
- Sautee 3-5 minutes or until heated through.
- Turn heat to low and add cream cheese. Stir until melted and well combined.
- Stir in mayonnaise, sour cream, parmesan and mozzarella.
- Continue stirring until well combined and cheeses melt.
- Divide dip between 24 tart shells.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake 8 minutes.
- Remove foil and brush edges of tarts with egg.
- Bake for additional 8-10 minutes.