Chewy and packed full of chocolate, these Top 8 Allergen Free Monster Cookie Bars are going to be a hit with everyone!
This post is part of a collaboration with Enjoy Life Foods. All opinions are my own.
Monster Cookie Bars
The first timeI posted about Monster Cookie Bars was several years ago. They are so easy to make, any everyone loves them. Plus, they are naturally gluten free.
Over the past few years of being a gluten free blogger, I have become much more aware of allergies in general. I’m only gluten free, but many of my friends have food allergies, and I am always trying to make things that can be enjoyed by everyone. Monster Cookie Bars are always a hit, and are perfect to make Top 8 Allergen Free.
Top 8 Allergen Free
Chocolate is a crucial ingredient in Monster Cookie Bars. Enjoy Life Chocolate not only does it taste great, but it’s top 8 free. Enjoy Life makes allergy free living so much easier. With all of their baking chocolate and mixes (I made cinnamon rolls with their Pizza Dough Mix!), it’s easy to come up with recipes that not only delicious but safe for those with allergies.
Other ingredients from my original recipe were easy to replace, but I did have trouble with the eggs.
I turned to my friend Brianna, over at A Different Kind of Survival Guide, and she was able to guide me through how to replace eggs in a baked goods recipe. Her suggestion of apple sauce worked out perfectly.
Chocolate: I used a mix of Enjoy Life Foods Baking Chocolate chunks and mini chocolate chips.
Gluten Free Oats: If you have Celiac Disease, it is always recommended that you use Purity Protocol Oats. At the very least make sure the oats you are using are labeled gluten free.
Dairy Free Butter– I use Earth Balance Soy Free/Dairy Free for this, you can use your favorite dairy free butter.
Nut Free Butter: Use your favorite nut free butter, but make sure it doesn’t have any added sugar. If it does, you may want to reduce the sugar you add.
Applesauce: Use all natural, no added sweetener applesauce.
Do you have a favorite go-to cookie or treat that’s Top 8 Free? Let me know in the comments!
Be sure to visit Enjoy Life Foods for all kinds of tasty Top 8 Free Treats!
Monster Cookie Bars- Gluten Free and Top 8 Allergen Free
- 1/4 cup softened dairy free butter
- 1/2 cup gluten-free nut free butter such as sun butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups gluten-free old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup top 8 free m&m's such as No Whey
- 3/4 cup Enjoy Life Foods chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cream together dairy free butter and nut free butter.
- Add sugars, applesauce and vanilla. Stir well.
- Add oats, baking soda, and salt. Stir well.
- Add top 8 free m&m's and Enjoy Life Foods chocolate chips. Stir well.
- Spread into lightly greased 9X13 pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- Let cool completely before cutting.