Make ahead gluten free breakfast muffins take everything you love about breakfast and pack it into an on the go breakfast with all your favorites- eggs, turkey sausage, veggies, cheese and toast!
This post is sponsored by Three Bakers Gluten Free. All opinions are my own.
Make Ahead Gluten Free Breakfast
Have you ever had a breakfast strata? It’s basically a casserole that takes all the things you love about breakfast and melds them together. It’s delicious, but I was looking for something that I could make ahead, freeze, and have ready whenever I need it- thus these Make Ahead Gluten Free Breakfast Muffins.
They are literally an entire breakfast in muffin form and they are the perefect healthier gluten free breakfast solution.
All in One Gluten Free Breakfast
To create these gluten free egg muffins I started with Three Bakers 7 Ancient Grains Gluten Free bread. I like this particular bread for these because it is heartier than white bread. I love the texture of it.
It contains 7 different grains- Amaranth, Hemp, Quinoa, Teff, Sorghum, Flax & Millet and no soy or dairy (so you can easily leave out the cheese and make these breakfast tin muffins gluten and dairy free)!
Making the Breakfast Muffins
Super easy to make- I even made a video showing how easy they are!
The great thing about these muffins is that you can mix and match your favorite combos!
I used turkey sausage, bell pepper, spinach and cheddar cheese but you can use any combo you like! Bacon, Broccoli and Swiss come to mind!
My whole family loved them. I sent some leftovers to my dad and he loved them. He had planned to freeze them, but they didn’t last that long!
I highly recommend doubling the batch! Take two and wrap them in plastic wrap. Freeze and pull them out when you need them, just microwave for 1-2 minutes or until hot!
Gluten Free Make Ahead Breakfast Muffins
- Muffin Tin
- ½ loaf about 6 pieces Three Baker’s 7 Ancient Grains Whole Grain Bread
- 10 eggs
- ¼ cup milk regular or dairy free
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces turkey sausage or bacon
- ½ bell red bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup spinach chopped
- ⅔ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 12 cup muffin tin.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Brown turkey sausage.
- Add chopped bell pepper and spinach.
- Sautee until spinach is wilted.
- Divide bread amongst muffin cups.
- Top with turkey-veggie mixture and cheese.
- Divide egg mixture amongst muffin cups.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.